ENG101 Assignment No 3 Fall 2017Dear Students, Here you can read or Download ENG101 - English Comprehension Assignment No 3 Solution and Discussion of Semester Fall 2017. Assignment Due Date is 01 February, 2018. Total Marks are 20. ENG101 Assignment Solution file has been added. We are here to facilitate your learning and we do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Previously we shared CS507 Assignment No 2 Solution Fall 2017.
|ENG101 Assignment No 3 Solution Fall 2017|
ENG101 Assignment Instructions:
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
ENG101 Assignment Question No 1:Read the following passages and write the topic sentence in the each of the given space. Also suggest a suitable title based on your understanding of each passage.
[2 x 5 = 10 Marks]
- It is true that medical doctors are health professionals whose roles are of great importance in the society. They are usually concerned and people generally look up to them to take care of their health and other related issues. In fact, whether people live or die, depends to a great extent, on the doctors in charge of their health situations. Almost everyone wants a doctor who is knowledgeable in the medical field, especially someone with many years of experience at hand.
- A clear advantage of having several part-time jobs is for people to be developed in the different areas where they are working. If one has several jobs, he or she will be able to meet several people and supervisors who will expose them to different challenges and learnings. Another advantage of having several part-time jobs is the opportunity to find out what one really wants as an occupation in life. This may be a stepping stone for one to be able to discover themselves, in terms of their abilities and skills. Lastly, I think having several jobs will make one earn more money than a full-time job. This is because in a full-time job, one is only entitled for a specific number of hours at work and sometimes, employers don’t give overtime pays.
- Technology has highly evolved over time. In fact, nowadays almost everybody has some sort of machine at hand, be it computers, cars, or washing machines etc. Although machinery was devised to benefit mankind, it has brought along many flaws to match.
The computer and internet remains one of the greatest inventions ever made by man. They make work easier for many people and make communication easier. Many people term technology as the necessary evil. What of its ability to expose people especially young ones to various evils such as pornography, strangers, etc. All technologies invented by man come with their blessings and disadvantages. However, in all cases the advantages always outweigh the disadvantages
Topic sentence: _________________________________________________________
- Education systems all over the world are based on the idea that students receive and remember information from teachers and books. These systems test the knowledge with standardized testing which compares students to one another. They only test the kind of information which is possible to measure in tests. The goal is to gain information, and not develop skills by which to use and make information. Unlike the old style of education, where people remembered things in order to pass tests and get higher scores than other students, the modern world calls for a new kind of education in which the focus is on deep understanding, creativity, and information management skills.
Topic sentence: =
ENG101 Assignment Question No 2
The primary function of language is to give factual information and convey essential commands, feelings and emotions. Parts of conversation/sentences are given below. From the four alternatives given below each sentence, choose the one which best describes the function of the underlined part of the conversation.
[2 x 5 = 10 Marks]
1. Roy: Hello, Sonail, Happy Deepavali to you and your family!
Sonail: Thank you. Do come in. I'm glad you have come.
(A) To wish
(B) To request
(C) To welcome
(D) To inform
2. Ali: The race will start at 8 a.m., won't it?
Ayesha: That's right. After registration, you have to assemble at the starting line in the field.
(A) To inform
(B) To greet
(C) To request
(D) To describe
3. Lily: Lehman fell while climbing up the rambutan tree.
Sonya: I shouldn't have asked him to pluck the rambutans.
(A) To complain
(B) To regret
(C) To apologize
(D) To advise
4. Bilal: Our team played badly, especially I.
Hassan: It's all your fault. You have let the team down.
(A) To advise
(B) To blame
(C) To warn
(D) To protest
5. Adil: Hello, Sam. You look worried. Can I help you?
Sam: Could you lend me twenty dollars? I need it urgently.
(A) To inform
(B) To describe
(C) To offer
(D) To request
ENG101 Assignment No 3 Solution Fall 2017
You can see the Sample Preview of ENG101 Assignment No 3Solution provided by (Virtual Study Solutions) below. Click on Download Button to Download Solution File in Your PC. Please Share it with your friends. You can also like our Facebook Page or Subscribe Us below for Updates.
ENG101 Assignment No 01 Solution & Discussion Fall 2017
English Comprehension (Eng101)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Read each numbered sentence below. Then circle the option that uses the boldfaced word in the same meaning as used in the numbered sentence. (5*2=10 Marks)
This year a toll of one dollar was charged to process each entry in the regional science fair.
I wanted to call my friend in Seattle to tell him about the science fair, but the toll was too much.
Working night and day on her science fair entry really has taken a toll on Janice health.
For her project, Sabina decided to toll church bells and measure the time of sound vibrations.
The rainstorm took a heavy toll on the number of people willing to come out of science fair.
Because I do not have my driver’s license, one of my parents drove me to the beach to get sea water for my experiment.
“Who gave you license to use my bowls and measuring cups for your experiment?” my mother asked.
One of my experiments involved cooking fresh-caught fish, so I had to get a fishing license.
In order for the Fish and Game Department to license me, I had to have parental permission.
My sister joked that the letters on our car license plate, YAE, must stand for “Young Albert Einstein.”
If you choose a career in anthropology, you could study people’s physical or cultural characteristics.
You might study how in some cultures most people career through life, while in other cultures people prefer a slower pace.
The science of anthropology has moved through this century in full career, making rapid progress.
L.S.B. Leakey, who did much research in Africa, was a career anthropologist and archaeologist.
Mary Catherine Bateson, the daughter of famed anthropologist Margaret Mead, entered the same career as her mother.
Have you read about the conduct of the Aztecs during the terrible two-year drought that began in 1450?
It was the great King Montezuma-I who had to conduct the Aztecs’ efforts to survive the drought years.
It was also up to the king to conduct the many military battles that extended the empire from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico.
Aztec parents taught their children important rules about conduct.
The musician will conduct his own composition, “Warriors of the Sun.”
The dishonest man’s plans were to counterfeit bills and use them to buy jewels.
Did he really counterfeit the jewels by using plastic and paint?
The saleswoman could tell that the customers’ interest in the gems was counterfeit.
Experts verified that the three diamonds from South Africa were not counterfeit.
The counterfeit was detected quickly by the experienced jeweler.
Q2. Read the following paragraph carefully. Choose the suitable form of words from the given choices and write correct options in the column given below.
The grandeur of the drawing room and a living room is best felt when there is an element of nature’s pride (possessive / possession) – a tree, or an indoor plant, or even for that matter, a sapling. Children as of now get to see less of greenery and more of technologically (driven / driver) software parks. Fortunately we have come to a point where we can bring the world of flora into our homes. In the emerging world scenario, interior (decoration / decorated) has become a (passionate / passion) and a dictum for healthy living. The art of (plant / planting) in small pots with its branches neatly trimmed, gives rise to small neat structures of plants. These plants are easy to grow indoors as long as they have soil, air, light and water. Plants can be grown in the house all year round. Of late, Bonsai have (attracted / attraction) the attention of one and all. Botanists say that Bonsai are ornamental trees or shrubs grown in a pot and artificially (prevented / preventive) from reaching their normal size. Indoors, a formal bonsai display is arranged to represent a landscape, and traditionally consists of the featured bonsai tree in an appropriate pot atop a wooden stand, along with a shitakusa representing the foreground, and a hanging scroll representing the background. These three elements are chosen to complement each other and evoke a particular season, and are (composed / composition) asymmetrically to mimic nature. When displayed inside a traditional Japanese home, a formal bonsai display will often be placed within the home's tokonoma or formal display alcove. An indoor display is usually temporary, lasting a day or two, as most bonsai are (intolerance / intolerant) to indoor conditions and rapidly lose their vigor. The Japanese (specialize / socialization) in bonsai and Ikebana. The latter flowers are displayed according to strict settings.
Sr. No. Correct Option Sr. No. Correct Option
1 possession 6 attracted
2 driven 7 prevented
3 decoration 8 composed
4 passion 9 intolerant
5 planting 10 specialize