Essay on bullying in school
Article writing is part of academic requirements whereby students are assigned topics to discuss and present their views in a structured approach. Essays describe, analyze and clarify specific issue. However, writing a persuasive essay requires writers to take a position by either supporting the issue or refuting the claim. Writers need to convince its target audience using logic reasoning and credible evidence. Writing a good persuasive essay is different from other writing styles, developing an essay require good analytical skills to make a good argument to prove a point.
When writing an essay, the structure and organization are two essential components, despite having good points, a good essay needs to follow specific structure starting with an introduction, well-organized body paragraphs, and a persuasive conclusion.
Writing a persuasive essay on bullying in schools should focus more on the current trends, the discussion should present what bullying entails, and some of the impact of raging among children. Writing persuasive essays on themes like bullying requires logical explanation to justify why the topic is significant. The author should discuss his position and justify why bullying is a problem that needs to be addressed.
How to write introduction for bullying in school essay
The introduction of an essay should be well constructed to capture the audience interest. A good introduction presents a brief background of the topic and summary of the ideas to be discussed in the following paragraphs. The introduction should include any relevant information about the topic. The introductory paragraph presents a clear statement of what the paper is all about using a thesis statement. A thesis statement describes a brief overview of the author’s thoughts about the topic. The thesis statement guides the writer on the relevant discussion he needs to focus when writing.
For example, an introduction sentence can be as follows:
Bullying is a social problem that happens within the social networks, bullying in school affects students as it causes long-term problems among children. Menacing is a common occurrence among teenagers. Many parents feel that not much is being done to end this vice.
How to write a body paragraph for an essay on effects of bullying in school
The body provides evidence to show the intensity of the problem. It is divided into three sections. The body contains facts, statistics, and research study findings on the topic.
According to the National Institute of Child Health And Human Development study, 50 percent of student interviewed stated that they were either victims or perpetrators. Over 3.2 million students are bullied each year. As a result, approximately 300,000 teenagers are likely to avoid coming school at some point to avoid being bullied. Some of the negative consequences of bullying include long-term psychological effects like depressions. Suicide is a common problem among bullied students. There are many effects of bullying that negatively impact on students, that’s why we need to find ways to stop this vice.
How to make conclusion paragraph for a school bullying essay
Concluding a persuasive essay, the author restates the thesis statement and presents his proposed solution to end school pressuring. A good conclusion should make the audience see the need to take action. The author‘s language should present a lasting impression on his audience.
Both parents and school administration need to work together to end this problem. Students need to be encouraged step forward and report cases of bullying. Every parent needs to take action to end bullying in schools. Students need a conducive learning environment.
Tips on final revision
After completing the first part, writers need to take some time to edit their work. The writer should go through the finished document to make corrections. The essay needs to be well structured with logical explanations. The essay should contain evidence and facts to support the topic. Editing requires the author to ensure that the language used will be appropriate for his audience.
The author should check if the sentences are well arranged and portray what he intends to inform his audience. During editing, the author is permitted to make adjustments by adding any relevant information or removing unnecessary words. Before submitting the final document, the author should proofread the document to correct any spelling errors. Grammar errors are common mistakes that should be rectified to make the paper look professional. The author should correct any running sentences, incomplete sentences or unnecessary wordings.
- Paragraph one: overview of the topic
- Thesis Statement
- The claim: Bullying in school should be addressed to avoid long-term effect on students
- What bullying entails
- Effects of bullying in school
- Who is likely to be bullied?
- Why bullying occur
- Facts and statistics about bullying in schools
- Proposed solutions about bullying in schools
- Who should be involved?
- Restating the thesis statement
- Calling for action to end bullying in schools.
Bullying is one of the most severe problems of all schools around the world. Pupils are injured or even sometime killed as a result of such acts. Being a non-acceptable behavior educational sector representatives try to deal with problem telling students about this issue and discourage them from these actions.
But there is another modern strategy to decrease the number of such acts. An effective persuasive essay about bullying in school has become a popular solution and a good preventive method.
Five Basic Steps How To Write Persuasive Essays On Bullying!
The writer’s objective in this type of paper is to persuade a reader to take an action or accept a certain viewpoint. If you are assigned to write a persuasive speech on bullying in schools, here are five basic steps to write it:
- Prewriting stage. Think about what bullying is. Define your positions to advocate in the paper. It is necessary to realize who is the audience you are writing for and do a thorough research on how it has developed and modern statistical data. In conclusion, it is important to identify convincing pieces of evidence and the opposite viewpoint.
- Organizing a work: this stage includes outline creation. Usually a persuasive essay about bullying in school has 5 to 6 paragraphs including an introduction, body paragraphs each focusing on a new piece of evidence, an opposing view part and a conclusion.
- Making a draft. The introduction of the paper should begin with an interesting fact or emphatic statement to hook a reader and involve a thesis statement. Presentation of the argument in the main body should be performed in various ways using terms and some background information. The last paragraph is a summary of the vital evidence and encouragement of the reader to accept or refuse the viewpoint.
- Revision of the paper answering some basic questions as for the term paper content and organization.
- Editing, proofreading, and formatting of a persuasive essay on bullying in schools.
Guidelines On Writing Persuasive Essays About Bullying In High School
- Make up a plan of the main points to discuss in your text.
- Use clear and precise language.
- To make your opinion logical and clear you will have to support each of your ideas with examples, facts, statistical data or even anecdotes.
- Stimulate students to avoid intimidation at schools.
- Describe common types of intimidation with vivid real life examples, support them with data from scientific studies, statistics and other information that will help you to persuade the reader.
- Use a proper tone.
- The writer should focus on the care about victims of intimidation and promote sympathy to such people to make readers commiserate and support them.
- Include suggestions in criminology papers on how to recognize a potential criminal or prevent similar incidents.
- Provide resources for those who may be interested in your persuasive essay on bullying in schools etc.
All these tips can make your paper even more convincing and worth attention. Bullying has become an incredibly serious problem of modern schooling and the more preventive actions we would take, the fewer acts of vandalism will happen in future. Persuasive essay on this topic is a perfect example how to make students think about this problem. It even makes them look for ways to prevent it. Only involvement of students can give results in the struggle against bullying and custom Powerpoint presentation essays can play an important role in this process too.